It’s hot and my brain is mush, so I decided to do something that wasn’t too taxing. Take a look at these Old West quotes and tell us who said it best or which quote is your favorite.
- “A pair of six-shooters beats a pair of sixes.” —Belle Starr
“Never run a bluff with a six-gun.” – Bat Masterson
Belle or Bat?
- “I never hanged a man that didn’t deserve it.” Judge Parker’s hangman
“I never killed unless I was compelled to.” –Belle Starr
Belle or George?
- “You all can go to hell. I am going to Texas.” — Davy Crockett
“Leave me alone and let me go to hell by my own route.” –Calamity Jane
Davy or Calamity Jane?
- Aim at a high mark and you will hit it.” Annie Oakley
Shoot first and never miss. –Bat Masterson
Annie or Bat?
- “The grimly humorous phrase about our town was that Tombstone had ‘a man for breakfast every morning.’” — Josephine Sarah Marcus
“Tombstone is a city set upon a hill, promising to vie with ancient Rome in fame, different in character but no less important.” —John C
Josephine or John?
- “I have no more stomach for it.” – Tom Horn, resigning as a lawman
“At my age I suppose I should be knitting.” — Poker Alice
Tom or Alice?
- “For my handling of the situation at Tombstone I have no regrets. Were it to be done again, I would do it exactly as I did it at the time.”—Wyatt Earp
“I do not regret one moment of my life.” —Lillie Langtry
Wyatt or Lillie?
- “After being so bad I could hear the angels singing.” —Lillie Langtry
”People thought me bad before, but if ever I should get free, I’ll let them know what bad means.”-Billy the Kid
Lillie or Billy?
9. “Talk low, talk slow and don’t say too much.” – John Wayne
“Never miss a good chance to shut up.~ Judge Roy Bean
John or Judge Roy?
New from Margaret Brownley!
Cowboy Charm School
When buying a horse don’t consult a pedestrian;
When courting a woman don’t ask advice of a bachelor.