It’s so good to be back at the Junction again and visiting with the Fillies! I wouldn’t be a very good guest if I didn’t bring along some vittles, would I?! So today I’m going to share a recipe with you. It’s even cowboy approved. We’re talking a major MANLY HORS D’OEUVRES.
It’s got meat. Then bacon. Then saucy goodness. When I first heard of it I was dubious. But then I tasted one and I am telling you it is lip-smacking delicious.
I got the recipe from my sister, who made it for a potluck. Are you ready? Because today I’m introducing you to the amazing taste of….
1 lb bacon
1 pkg (1lb) cocktail-size smoked sausage or sausage cut in pieces
¾ C ketchup
½ C sugar
½ C packed brown sugar
1 Tblsp white vinegar
¼ tsp onion salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp pepper
1. Set oven control to broil. Spray 13×9” glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spray broiler rack and pan with cooking spray.
2. Cut each bacon slice crosswise into 3 pieces. Wrap each piece around 1 sausage, securing with toothpick; place on rack in broiler pan
3. Broil with tops about 6” from heat for 12 to 16 minutes, turning once, until bacon is crisp
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix remaining ingredients. Cook o ver medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly
5. Heat oven to 350F. Transfer sausages from broiler pan to baking dish. Pour sauce over sausages; turn to coar with sauce
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
7. Serve hot
Go on. You know you want to.
And if you’re looking for some new reading material, right now my novella RODEO REBEL is available for free at your favorite e-book retailer. It’s a prequel to a brand new miniseries at Harlequin American called the Texas Rodeo Barons. And once you’ve snagged your lovely freebie, you can enjoy the first title in the series, THE TEXAN’S BABY (also by moi!). Links for both books can be found right here on my website.
Thanks to the fillies for hosting me once again! I’ll see y’all again soon!