One of the things I collect is cowboy sayings (come on, you already knew I was weird). Here are a few of my faves.
- Small as a bump on a pickle
- That horse is the hind legs of destruction
- I ate so many armadillos when I was young, I roll up when I hear a dog bark.
- Texas is the silver buckle of the bible belt
- There’s two theories about arguin’ with a woman. Neither works.
- Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
- Never drop your gun to hug a grizzly
- Never ask a man the size of his spread.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- Never smack a man chewing tobacco.
- He’s crazy as an acre of snakes.
- I was so poor growing up, I had a tumbleweed as a pet.
- And probably the most famous – don’t squat with your spurs on.
I even have cowGIRL ones!
- High steppers give bumpy ride.
- You can’t get ahead of anyone you’re trying to get even with.
- If you wake up and find yourself a success, you ain’t been asleep.
- Cryin’ about a bad past is a waste of good tears.
- Nobody’s credit is better than their money.
- Half your troubles come from wanting your own way. The other half come from getting it.
What’s your favorite cowboy/country saying?