Hello everyone! I’m having a really busy week–books due (as in plural) and family coming to visit. I’m excited to get the books done and even more excited to see my family!
Today I’m going to give you ten of my favorite Will Rogers quotes. Will Rogers was such an interesting guy–he was an actor, a vaudevillian, a humorist, a circus performer (his first job). He had a gift for making astute observations and presenting them in a way that did not offend. Quotes from Will invariably make me slow down, think, and smile.
So without further ado, here are my Will-isms:
1) Don’t squat with your spurs on.
2) Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
3) Never miss a good chance to shut up.
4) What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds.
5) Always drink upstream from the herd.
6) Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
7) Things ain’t what they used to be and never were.
8) If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering someone else’s dog dog around.
9) The best doctor in the world is the veterinarian. He can’t ask his patients what is the matter-he’s got to just know.
10) There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Which quote speaks to you? Mine is the last. Every time I read it, I laugh.
Have a great Wednesday!