It’s time for some more silly Filly fun.
- I collect teapots. This was not intentional, but I made the mistake of setting two teapots together on a shelf and people just assumed I collected them. I now own more than 40 in all shapes and colors. Whenever I throw a tea party, guests each get their own teapots.
2. I have more than 2000 research books in my library, which probably explains why I can never find the book I want.
3. I’m currently a Boy Scout Merit Badge counselor and have signed off on nearly 1000 badges.
4. In my other life I was a teacher.
5. I run a rescue shelter for Boston Ferns. Anyone having trouble with theirs knows to bring it to me.
6. I flunked eighth grade English. I didn’t do all that great in history, either (All those dates and battles—ugh!). Since my head was always in the clouds, I was probably better prepared to be an astronaut than a writer of historical fiction.
7. I don’t sit on a chair when I write; I sit on a stability ball. These balls are great for building core strength but there is a drawback; A recent earthquake sent me flying.
8. I’ve been to all fifty states. Alaska was the last state visited.
9. I have six wonderful grandchildren. Other fillies claim to have the best grandchildren in the world, but that’s only because they haven’t met mine.
12. I can’t count.
Now it’s your turn: In what ways are you and I alike?
Where tempers burn hot
Love runs deep
And a single marriage can unite a feuding town
…or tear it apart for good.