Ready for more prizes? Y’all know how to play. Take your best guess at which Filly wrote these cowboy-loving first lines. No need to guess the book unless you want to show off! Leave a comment and you’re eligible to win a prize for today. The grand prize of a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble will go to the gal who gets the most right answers at the end of the week. In case of a tie, which there sure could be, the Fillies will put the names in the Stetson and pick one. Take a look-see at today’s give-aways…
Doctor in Petticoats by Mary Connealy
Give Me a Texas Ranger from Phyliss Miranda
A hard copy of Marrying Minda by Tanya Hanson
Title of your choice from Winnie Griggs’ backlist
Okay ladies… take yer best guesses!
1. Hannah felt the approaching train before she heard it.
2. By the time Quint found the woman, she was dying.
3. Clara Seavers closed the paddock gate and looped the chain over the wooden post.
1. Caldwell Hackett was getting married tomorrow, and Lord save him, he was a virgin.
2. Underneath the brim of his black Stetson, Kenn Martin squinted against the sun rising over Hearts Crossing Ranch.
3. Where is Norman Dale? Minda’s heart thumped. The noon stage had run late, so he had plenty of time to get here. Unless he had backed out.
1. Caleb crept downstairs, carefully avoiding the creaky third step. He wasn’t supposed to be up, but this was important. Besides, he was six. That made him a big boy. Daddy said so.
2. An unholy shriek ricocheted through the forest, startling a raucous cloud of blackbirds from the roadside trees. “Easy, Trib.” Adam Barr patted the horse’s neck as the animal shied. What now?
3. “Hey!” The reedy voice coming from inside Wylie’s Livery and Bridle Shop thrummed with outrage. “You can’t take those horses ‘til you settle up with Joe.”