Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here’s hoping all of you will be celebrating in your own way. For today I decided to write a simple list of things I’m thankful for and ask you add your own. But with each item I wrote, I couldn’t help thinking about the people in the world—even in this country—who don’t enjoy the basic blessings that most of us take for granted. It’s my wish that as you read my list, and maybe lengthen it, you’ll remember these people with compassion and that you’ll share my hopes for peace on earth and the betterment of all lives. Here’s my list.
2. I’m thankful for my family and for the loving memories of those who are no longer with me.
3. I’m thankful for books and for the people who wrote them.
4. I’m thankful for friends who share their lives with me.
5. I’m thankful for all the modern conveniences that make my life pleasant—the computer, the appliances, the lights and water, the TV and stereo. I’m grateful that with the flick of a switch I can hear beautiful music.
6. I’m thankful for two silly cats who wake me up laughing every morning.
7. I’m thankful to live in a time when women can wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
8. I’m thankful for parents who gave me the education that’s made all the difference.
9. I’m grateful for work—and for the gift of being able to do work I love.
Click on the small book below to order from Amazon.com.