1. I officially met my Now and Forever husband when I was sixteen. He was the cliché high school sweetheart and the boy that lived around the corner. In fact, his number address was the same as ours. But I really knew of him much earlier on as he and his brothers would often steal into our backyard to retrieve baseballs that went over the fence into our yard. My dad caught him red-handed one day, “taking” an orange from our tree, age 10.
2. Cats and kittens have always been a part of my life. As a young girl, before it was politically correct to spay and neuter, two of our cats gave birth at the same time. I was in kitten heaven having nine little fur balls to love! And we were lucky enough to give all of them good homes.
3. To me “math” is a four letter word. Ugh, I’ll be eternally grateful to my sister Carol for getting me through torturous Algebra and Geometry… Lucky for me history and English have more letters!
4. I have read every book LaVyrle Spencer and Susan Elizabeth Phillips have written. (I’m sure I’m not alone on this).
5. My favorite motto: Carpe Diem. Seize the day, the moment, the opportunity and you’ll never look back with regret.
6. I am addicted, I mean ADDICTED to Dancing With The Stars. The show makes me absolutely happy.
7. There is nothing I enjoy more than the value of a comfortable pair of shoes! I am not a shopper and my feet don’t always cooperate in most shoes, so it’s like winning the lottery when I find a pair of shoes that are stylish AND comfortable! I’m on the lookout now, as I’ll be attending the Romance Writers Convention soon and need comfy shoes for work and play!
8. I’m a: The Glass is Half Full kind of girl.
9. I own a Disney Musical Globe collection and wish they’d make more quality globes like they had in the past. My favorite is Cinderella.
10. I take after my father in that I love surprising people, giving goodies away and holding contests! Post a comment here and I’ll be giving away 2 ebook copies to 2 bloggers today of Bachelor For Hire for your Kindle or Nook! Simply share with me if we have any of the above in common?
Ex-Army sergeant and security expert, Cody Matthews recently walked away from his company to work The Lucky B Ranch just outside of Marietta, Montana. The ranch is his refuge, but his hiding out is short-lived when he’s recruited into the Marietta Bachelor Auction and his high school ex-crush bids a small fortune to spend one weekend with him.
Hollywood starlet, Hayley Dawn O’Malley has had decent, honest, sexy Code Matthews on the brain ever since she left Marietta after high school to pursue her dreams. But now she’s back in town and someone is threatening her. Cody, a natural-born protector, is the only man she trusts to keep her safe.
Spending their weekend date in a remote cabin, Cody plays the role of reluctant bodyguard, yet Hayley isn’t going to let the tormented man deny his feelings for her, no matter the threat to her body or her heart.
The Bachelor Auction Returns
Book 1: Bachelor for Hire by Charlene Sands