I’m thrilled to be the one to start our Filly Fun Facts special event! Don’t forget to leave a comment…it’s a giveaway-day, too, my duet “Sisters.” (All winners for this week will be posted on SATURDAY.)
1. I had a very happy childhood with two brothers in suburban Los Angeles and now live on California’s central coast about a mile from the beach, in a nice little cul-de-sac surrounded by strawberry fields.
2. I’m married to a firefighter, have a son and daughter, two darling grandsons AND am getting a baby granddaughter in August! This is the cake my daughter and son in law cut in front of all of us…nobody knew the gender…and it was PINK inside.
3. I taught English forever at the local Catholic school and now enjoy traveling with Hubs and volunteering at the local horse rescue.
4. We’ve recently visited the Canadian Rockies (rode up a glacier on a giant snow coach) and America’s South (oh, NOLA, Beaufort SC, Jekyll Island and Savannah GA rocked it!), but the Hawaiian islands are our go-to place. We are blessed to have family in Oahu. The pic below, though, is a black sand beach on the Big Island where we found ourselves last October.
5. Hubs and I went to high school together but were not sweethearts. In fact, he was Football Team Captain/Boyfriend of the Homecoming Queen/Head Cheerleader. I was a Dork.
6. When we re-met at a Christmas party right after college, I picked “Deliverance” for our first date. He married me anyway. Sheesh.
7. I am a Disney freak. My favorite is Frozen. Hubs and I went to Disneyland for our honeymoon and now get season passes for the fam and go all the time. Check out my Mirror on the Wall board at Pinterest..a tribute to Snow White, which is my daughter’s favorite. (We are anticipating a Snow White nursery…)
8. I have a pathological terror of stepping on a down escalator without somebody in front of me. (Charlene will attest to this!) I am also obsessed with blackbirds and took this picture on a cold winter’s day at our neighborhood park.
9. I have a fantasy football team named Wild Thang. My favorite college team is the USC Trojans.
10. Louisa May Alcott is my favorite author of all time. Visiting her home, Orchard House, in Concord MA was awesome!
11. I live near the beach and go there a lot. Can you find my curly-haired grandbaby?
What’s the most interesting fact about YOU? Please leave a comment for a chance to win an e-copy of SISTERS, my tales of two sisters…mostly because I never had any LOL.